Women in ERP
It is crucial to realize the importance of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) in small businesses and start-ups as a function that allows for efficiency, scalability and growth. It is equally important to realize the significance of the teams that work hard behind the scenes to drive positive results in ERP. As an ode to Women’s Day, we will in this article, reflect on and highlight the Women in ERP as well as their experiences in the workspace.
What is ERP?
ERP is an acronym that stands for “Enterprise Resource Management” and refers to the consolidated processes of gathering and organizing business data through an integrated approach. ERP standardizes, streamlines, and integrates business processes across finance, human resources, procurement, distribution, and other departments. ERP solutions improve how you handle business resources, whether it’s raw materials for manufacturing or staffing hours for human resources.
The first traces of ERP were found in manufacturing, with the economic order quantity (EOQ) model, a paper-based scheduling system. This was replaced by material resource planning (MRP) tools developed in the late 1960s which eventually became manufacturing resource planning. In the early 1990s, this developed into Enterprise Resource Planning as the function served more and more departments and not just production and manufacturing. Nowadays, resource planning and allocation are done using robust ERP software.
The best ERP software is the one you’ll get the most use out of, and the one that can help make your employees more productive, your operations more efficient, and your reporting more accurate.
Behind these best ERP software is usually a team of proficient female consultants, operatives, and executives that ensure the business’s end to end efficiency, which we will highlight in our Women in ERP series.
Women in ERP Statistics
Women are unfortunately still underrepresented in the IT, Tech, and Engineering communities, whether in management, project, consultancy, infrastructure, technical or development roles.
“Women make up only 28% of the workforce in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and men vastly outnumber women majoring in most STEM fields in college. The gender gaps are particularly high in some of the fastest-growing and highest-paid jobs of the future, like computer science and engineering.” Source
At Palladium Business Solutions, we are committed to inclusion, diversity and empowerment of women and thus we have a 35% female representation in the workplace and 29% representation in senior and management roles compared to women currently holding only 19% of tech-related jobs at the top 10 global tech companies globally.
– The majority (72%) of women in tech are regularly outnumbered by men in business meetings by at least a 2:1 ratio. 26% of women report being outnumbered by 5:1 or more.
According to WISE, women make up only 16% of IT professionals, a trend that has remained the same for 10 years in a row, the campaign for gender balance in science and engineering.
– 78% of women in tech feel they must work harder than their co-workers to prove their worth.
– Women in tech are 4X more likely than men to see gender bias as an obstacle to promotion. 39% of women see gender bias as a barrier to promotion in 2021.
– Women make 85% of all consumer purchases, yet represent just 25% of the computing workforce.
– Women of colour are less confident than white women about their promotion prospects—and that gap has increased by 3X over the past year.
Read more from the 2021 Women in Tech report here.
As a firm believer in diversity and equality, Palladium Business Solutions advocates for the continued investment in women.
Below are links to some of the Women we have featured who spearhead our ERP functions in our business:
It is high time that businesses understand the importance of ERP and the Women that drive various functions. Skills don’t have any gender and women have proved it several times. They are true inspirations to ladies all across the world.
About Palladium Business Solutions
Palladium Business Solutions is a Gold Microsoft partner as well as a Gold Acumatica Cloud ERP partner and is the longest standing Acumatica partner in Africa.
Palladium is a Subsidiary of Rectron, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mustek Ltd, a company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Palladium has been offering highly affordable Software and Services to businesses throughout Africa since 2002.
Palladium Business Solutions’ strength lies in our diversity and ability to adapt systems and processes to suit the precise requirements of our customers’ businesses. We enable clients to enhance their business processes by improving automation and enhancing efficiency without the need to increase the staff complement.
Our products include:
1. Palladium Accounting – Palladium Accounting Software is our own South African product catering for small to large businesses. The product itself boasts features that set us apart from our competitors. Palladium supports wireless networks alleviating the need for clients to be tied down to desks or be required to use network cables and UPS’s.
2. Palladium Payroll – A cloud-based solution offering the most affordable, user-friendly and compliant cloud payroll on the market with a free Employee Self-Service Portal.
3. Palladium Mobile Sales and Warehousing App – An Android, Windows UWP and iOS-based app that enables sales teams to connect to live data on the road to generate Sales Orders and Sales Quotes or check inventory availability.
4. Acumatica Cloud ERP – The Acumatica ERP system delivers cloud and mobile technology with a unique all-inclusive user licensing model, enabling a complete, real-time view of your business.
5. Business Alerts – Business Alerts create a centralised communication hub through monitoring data fields in your Palladium or ERP database for specified activities when a Business Alert is triggered it automatically sends updates connected to those activities to customers or employees via email.
Our comprehensive range of ERP products focus on Increasing Turnover, Improving Margins and Enhancing operational Efficiency. Palladium is MORE than just Accounting Software.
Tel: +27 (0)11 568 2900
Contact Palladium Business Solutions Here