With the Payroll financial Year-End upon us, we have created this document to assist you to submit your company’s EMP501 reconciliations and import the IRP5/IT3 electronic certificates.Download
The end of August marked the halfway point in the tax year which means all companies need to submit their Interim EMP501 Submissions. The Interim Submission is a reconciliation of all the EMP201 submissions ie: PAYE, SDL and UIF payments made to SARS.
To ensure a seamless process please follow the following steps
- Step 1 Ensure all payroll cycles have been closed for all periods to August.
- Step 2 Run a Validation Report to ensure there are no errors.
- Step 3 Generate the IRP5/IT3a electronic certificate file
- Step 4 Import the file to E@syfile
- Step 5 Reconcile the EMP201’s to the EMP501
- Step 6 Submit
Below is a Basic Guide on how to process your interim EMP501 submission in Palladium Payroll
Step 1 Ensure all payroll cycles have been closed for all periods to August
To do this go to the Company Menu, Company Information, then Payroll Setup Tab
Then Pay Cycle to confirm that the pay periods including August have been processed.
Step 2 Run a Validation Report to ensure there are no errors.
To this go to Statutory Reports in the Menu and select the IRP5 / IT3 Electronic Certificate Submission
- The contact person details will default from the Company representative tab
- Select the Tax Year
- Select TEST if you would like to TEST the submission or LIVE when ready to submit.
- Select MID YEAR as your submission period.
- Select the IRP5/IT3 Validation Report to clear all exceptions.
Step 3 Generate the IRP5/IT3a electronic certificate file
The file will automatically save to your download folder
Step 4 Import the file to E@syfile, selecting Palladium Payroll as your software provider.
Step 5 Reconcile the EMP201’s to the EMP501
Print the EMP501 and the monthly EMP201’s. The Monthly EMP201 should reconcile to your EMP501. These reports can be printed from the Statutory reports Menu.
EMP501 Reconciliation Report
Step 6 Submit