Women in ERP Feature – Mathapelo Kwadi
As an ode to Women’s Day, we are reflecting on and highlighting the Women in ERP as well as their experiences in the workspace. Below, we chat with Mathapelo, an ERP consultant in our Acumatica division at Palladium Business Solutions.
1. Can you share a little bit about what it is that you do and what a typical day for you is like?
I am an Acumatica Support Consultant. I usually start my day with a to-do plan for the specific day as well as going through the previous days’ work if anything was carried over. I’m settled by 08:00 am and start working through the to-do list according to priorities. Some work you can’t ever plan for as client requests come up, but being flexible to meet these changes is what makes my days exciting. There is never a dull moment at the office and after seeing the joy and positive feedback from clients, it makes it all worth it.
2. Did you always know that working in ERP was what you wanted to do? or why did you decide to go into ERP?
Yes actually. I was fortunate enough to get some insights into the tech space and just how ERP was a growing sector with high demand. I studied BCom, Informatics from the University of Pretoria and it has a heavy emphasis on ERP systems, business processes and Business Process Management.
The diversity of work and an ERP consultant can work on a range of projects with a variety of clients. There is a lot of experience to gain across sectors and industries and it offers a lot of travel opportunities.
3. What do you think is the best part of being a woman in the ERP industry?
I think being a woman brings about a different perspective on concepts and challenges. Women are also naturally empathetic and by treating client’s businesses like their own, they add a different value to the client and do not rush to close a sale. Being exposed to varying client environments and challenges is also great.
4. What woman inspires you and why?
Rihanna continues to inspire me daily. I’ve been cognizant of her journey from just being a singer to branching off into acting and becoming a successful entrepreneur owning a popular makeup company and loungewear line.
5. What have you sacrificed (both personally and professionally) at each stage of your career?
At the beginning of my career, I sacrificed time away from my friends and family.
6. What would you say to a girl considering getting into the ERP industry? What do you wish you had known before joining?
Build relationships and don’t chase money.
About Palladium Business Solutions
Palladium Business Solutions is a Gold Microsoft partner as well as a Gold Acumatica Cloud ERP partner and is the longest standing Acumatica partner in Africa.
Palladium is a Subsidiary of Rectron, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mustek Ltd, a company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Palladium has been offering highly affordable Software and Services to businesses throughout Africa since 2002.
Palladium Business Solutions’ strength lies in our diversity and ability to adapt systems and processes to suit the precise requirements of our customers’ businesses. We enable clients to enhance their business processes by improving automation and enhancing efficiency without the need to increase the staff complement.
Our products include:
1. Palladium Accounting – Palladium Accounting Software is our own South African product catering for small to large businesses. The product itself boasts features that set us apart from our competitors. Palladium supports wireless networks alleviating the need for clients to be tied down to desks or be required to use network cables and UPS’s.
2. Palladium Payroll – A cloud-based solution offering the most affordable, user-friendly and compliant cloud payroll on the market with a free Employee Self-Service Portal.
3. Palladium Mobile Sales and Warehousing App – An Android, Windows UWP and iOS-based app that enables sales teams to connect to live data on the road to generate Sales Orders and Sales Quotes or check inventory availability.
4. Acumatica Cloud ERP – The Acumatica ERP system delivers cloud and mobile technology with a unique all-inclusive user licensing model, enabling a complete, real-time view of your business.
5. Business Alerts – It creates a centralised communication hub through monitoring data fields in your Palladium or ERP database for specified activities.
Our comprehensive range of ERP products focus on Increasing Turnover, Improving Margins and Enhancing operational Efficiency. Palladium is MORE than just Accounting Software.
Tel: +27 (0)11 568 2900
Contact Palladium Business Solutions Here